ST – Steel Stiffened Core
- Increased durability and security
- Interior and exterior usage
- Bonded 18-gauge steel stiffeners 6” o.c. with industrial adhesive ensuring a smooth and aesthetic surface (laser welds optional)
- Voids between stiffeners filled with:
- Polystyrene, all door thicknesses available
- Polyurethane, 1-3/4” door thickness only
- Mineral wool, 1-3/4’’ and 2’’ door thickness available
- Edge seam options:
- Lock seam (PA) 18- or 16-gauge
- Lock seam and filled (PAF) 18- or 16-gauge
- Continuously welded seamless edge (CW) 18-, 16-, 14- and 12-gauge
- Thermal performance
[R – ft²·°F·h/BTU (m²·K/W); U – BTU/ft²·°F·h (W/m²·K)]
- STPS : R1.54 (0.27) – U 0.65 (3.69) per ASTM C1363
- STPU : R1.7 (0.29) – U 0.58 (3.29) per ASTM C1363
- STW : R1.8 (0.32) – U 0.55 (3.12) per ASTM C1363
- Polystyrene and polyurethane: Windstorm Class 1, 70 PSF, 350 ft-lbs.
See Windstorm section (under Specialty Products) for more details.
- Available up to -1/2 hours for polystyrene and mineral wool.
Please consult our chart for size limitations.
- A40 galvannealed material
- 16-gauge top and bottom welded inverted channel
- Hinges: 7-gauge
- Closer: Available in 16-gauge, 14-gauge, 12-gauge
- Locks: 12-gauge