Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Do you want to contribute to the influence of a fast-growing family business made up of seven production sites in North America? Are you looking for stability in your professional life?
DE LA FONTAINE, named in 2021 and 2022 with the prestigious distinction of Best Managed Companies in Canada, is looking for an Purchaser.
Thanks to its values, its business model which is based on its strategy of growth through acquisitions, its close relationship (both with its market, its customers and its employees), the continuous improvement of its management system, as well as its financial health, the company is able to continue to invest and seize growth opportunities.
You will be responsible of:
- Accomplishing raw material supply activities for production, in accordance with budgets, quality, delivery times and current supply strategies for the six DE LA FONTAINE sites;
- Negotiating various innovative supply agreements that will allow the company to perform well financially;
- Launching purchase orders based on various efficiency criteria (requested delivery date, production time, production capacity of production units, availability of raw materials, etc.);
- Performing periodic evaluation of suppliers, in order to properly monitor the performance of each of them regarding the price, delivery times and quality;
- Using the company’s ERP integrated management system to perform all procurement and planning tasks and thus bring the department to a higher level of operational performance;
- Analyzing critical stock reports and make the required purchases and/or inventory;
- Informing planning when products are not available to meet customer orders;
- Being actively involved in the inventory count with the inventory clerk;
- Actively participating in problem-solving sessions with the different teams.
You will have an influence on:
- The financial health of the organization;
- Product development and evolution.
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a purchaser;
- Flexibility to work in collaboration with several managers;
- Individual focused on results and solutions;
- In-depth knowledge of the Office suite (especially Excel);
- Bilingual French-English.
- DEC in industrial management or any relevant academic training;
- Experience in a manufacturing company;
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX 2012 management software (ERP).
WE WANT TO KNOW YOU!