Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
You’re manual? You like team work? You are looking for a stimulating and stable job?
Join us as a Production Supervisor!
WE OFFER YOU:
- An advantageous salary with shift bonus
- Job stability with the possibility of advancement
- A group RRSP with employer contribution
- A comprehensive group insurance program
- Work uniform provided
- A wellness program with business, social and sports activities
- A recognition program for years of service
- Annual vacations, 12 statutory holidays and two-week closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- A pleasant, air-conditioned and safe work environment with state-of-the-art equipment
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for planning, directing, organizing and controlling an entire production line on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage one of the production departments;
- Develop and implement programs to ensure the efficient use of materials, labor and equipment in order to achieve set production goals;
- Plan and make recommendations for changes to machinery and equipment, production system and work methods;
- Supervisor of a team of 20 to 30 unionized employees;
- Former on the use of new equipment and production techniques;
- Make strategic recommendations regarding product improvement and development;
- Ensure work in a safe environment;
- Follow up on occupational health and safety standards.
You will have an influence on:
- The strategic orientation of the production department;
- The development and evolution of products;
- Optimization of work methods;
- Product quality control.
- Job posting requirements
YOU ARE THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR IF:
- You have completed a college or university program in engineering or business administration;
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- You have a good knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles;
- You have a good ability to work under pressure and to complete various projects in a department;
- You have good leadership and the skills to manage a manufacturing company;
- You have problem-solving skills as well as a strong sense of urgency;
- You have a working knowledge of MS Office applications;
- You are bilingual English / French (spoken and written);
- You have a good knowledge of sheet metal (an asset);
- You know Microsoft AX management software (ERP) (an asset).
WE LOOK FORWARD TO GET YOUR APPLICATION!