Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
BEHIND EACH OF OUR DOORS, THERE IS INNOVATION, COMPETENCE AND A PLACE FOR YOU!
Do you want to contribute to the influence of a fast-growing family business made up of seven production sites in North America?
DE LA FONTAINE, designated in 2021, 2022 and 2023 for the prestigious distinction of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is looking for an Estimator who will report to the Estimator Coordinator. The Estimator receives and processes bid requests for steel doors and frames for construction projects. They develops proposals based on customer needs and the company’s pricing structure.
More specifically, he or she will be responsible for:
- Carrying out estimates and evaluations of doors and frames to proceed with the preparation of a bid;
- Analyzing and interpret plans and specifications;
- Preparing quotes by specifying quantities and including the costs of doors, frames, taking into account the price structure and margins;
- Occasionally assisting other estimators in carrying out projects, during tighter deadlines;
- Translating and adapting a client’s project to the company’s nomenclature;
- Providing support and follow-up by disseminating technical information;
- Addressing customer requests to internal resources
- Assuming any other responsibility and perform any other task related to his position.
Permanent full-time position.
At DE LA FONTAINE, family is important. We take care of our employees!
We offer you:
- A competitive salary: We are completely dedicated to exceeding our clients’ expectations. The same goes for the salaries of our employees.
- A job stability: We know that life has its share of uncertainties, but rest assured that your job stability will never be one.
- An insurance program: We’ve got you covered, so you can focus on what’s important to you.
- A collective RRSP: You contribute to the influence of our company on a daily basis, so let us contribute to your retirement.
- Annual vacations: We close our factory for 2 weeks during the holiday season (including 4 moving holidays) in addition to 6 statutory holidays and summer vacation, to give you a well-deserved break.
We offer you even more:
- Continuous training in business;
- Wellness program with corporate, social and sports activities;
- Years of Service Recognition Program.
You are the person we are looking for if you have the following skills and qualities:
- Diploma in a sector directly related to the field of construction such as a D.E.C. in architectural or building technology), engineering technology or A.E.C. estimate under construction;
- Reading plans and specifications;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel (advanced);
- Relevant experience in metal (an asset).
- Ability to manage time and priorities;
- Ability to perform several tasks at the same time;
- Strong interest in customer orientation;
- Bilingual English/French (spoken and written).
WE WANT TO KNOW YOU!